O akridge is committed to develop and hone the literary skills of the students from the very early years to their pre-university years. Apart from engaging in literary activities within the classroom, there are numerous post school activities which students can engage in based upon their interest.
Here is a glimpse of our world of literary activities:
- Read and rhyme is an annual event, with the objective to enhance and encourage reading skills among children. Every child selects a book or reading material from fiction or non-fiction genres and reads it aloud in front of an audience.
- Spell Bee is a monthly event wherein the objective of this is to involve students in learning the correct spelling of words, their usage in sentences and enhance their speaking skills.
- Chairman’s Cup is a monthly debate event for primary school children. It helps them develop their speaking skills and ability to express themselves verbally in front of a group, which builds confidence. Learning to debate can help children to develop their research skills as well.
- Create-a-Disguise, Book Review and Report are events that help to enhance communication, presentation reading and comprehension skills, amongst the children.
- Literary Week is a week-long festival to enhance the literary outlook of students. They are exposed to various activities ranging from, ' Meet the Author', Author Study, Quizzing, Tongue Twisters, Puppet Shows, Story Telling Sessions, JAM Sessions, Elocution, etc during the week.
- The Model United Nations are held across three categories – The OAKMUN, The Junior JMUN and the Montessori MMUN. Students are trained to represent their countries and bring forth their respective viewpoints on issues of International significance. This not only enhances their public speaking skills but also improves their social and political awareness.
- The TEDx Talks are completely hosted and organized by our senior school students. Students benefit from listening to their peers and other esteemed speakers.
Visit our success stories section to know more about some of our past achievements and events in this category.